Heated thermo-container for the transport and laying of hot asphalt with auger
General features of all models:
- Completely insulated by rock wool.
- Lifting hooks.
- Chassis for supporting the body of the truck.
- Rotary channel for spreading the material.
TE2 Standard machine (with no diesel engine):
- Manual opening of the upper doors.
- Hydraulic plant for connection with the pump of the tilter of the truck or with an auxiliary power take-off thereof.
- Automatic heating plant with a 24 volt gas oil burner.
- Electric board for powering on the burner automatically.
- Aluminium service ladder for cleaning inside the body.
- Auger with hydraulic rotation and external lever control (the truck must be stationary while unloading).
TE4 and TE6 Standard machine (with 24.5 hp diesel engine):
- Silenced diesel engine.
- Hydraulic opening of the upper doors.
- Electric motor start.
- Independent hydraulic plant.
- Automatic heating plant with gas oil burner (supplied at 12 volts).
- Electric control board.
- Digital display for temperature control.
Thermobox (thermally insulated container) is an asphalt hot box complete with a discharge auger for keeping asphalt hot (and workable) all day long and it is directly mounted onto the customer’s truck (according to its dimensions and capacity).
After the Thermobox has been loaded at the bituminous conglomerate production plant, a burner operated by gas oil and supplied at 12 Volts is powered on to guarantee an optimal heat distribution inside through a special internal system without damaging asphalt.
Heating can be adjusted through a digital display operating the burner only if the temperature decreases below the pre-defined value (the temperature is usually set between 140° and 160°), everything occurs automatically.
Our asphalt hot box are completely insulated by rock wool to prevent asphalt from cooling down.
Our thermocontainer accommodates a “V”-shaped hopper with an adequate angle of slip enabling asphalt to converge towards the bottom where there is an auger made of anti-wear materials (hardox) and conveying the material from the container to the back; hot asphalt runs through a rotary chute for spreading asphalt over the road bed or into the hole to be repaired.
The screw conveyor is operated by a hydraulic system that can be connected with the hydraulic plant of the truck or autonomously with a diesel engine and a hydraulic pump.
Asphalt is accurately metered and there is no need to spread it manually.
Moreover, the machine is equipped with a 200 lt emulsion tank with an independent pump and hydraulic engine (both of them controlled electrically) and a manual spray gun for emulsion with self-cleaning nozzle; both the pump and the emulsion are heated through the water circuit of the heater keeping the temperature of the emulsion at abt. 50°.
The purchase of our asphalt hot box will enable you to amortise your investment in a short time and to considerably increase your company’s competitiveness.
Technical data and available models
|Model||Length (truck support base) mm||Tot.|
|Width mm||Height mm||Loadless weight kg||Capacity M³||Capacity Tons||Diesel engine|
Fields of application
Thermobox TE6 with optional auger